Hands On History Day
Hands on History Day at Stratford Hall
The childhood home of the only two brothers to sign the Declaration of Independence, Stratford Hall represents an important time and place in our country’s history. Come be inspired by the rich history and natural beauty of Stratford Hall Historic Preserve in Westmoreland County, Virginia. Join us on September 22nd for Hands On History Day. Adventure awaits!
- Discover what life was like in colonial Virginia while taking a self-guided audio tour of the Great House and historic area.
- Experience an 18th-century cooking demonstration in the historic kitchen while learning about the Transatlantic trade, colonial foodways and the influences made by enslaved chefs on the creation of American cuisine.
- Take part in an interactive African drumming demonstration while exploring the cultural and historical influences of the music of the African Diaspora.
- Engage with our knowledgeable museum educators about the scientific studies of Paleontology and Archaeology at Stratford Hall.
- Immerse yourself in nature with miles of hiking trails, bird watching, fishing, and hunting for sharks’ teeth along the Potomac River while visiting Stratford Hall’s public beach area.
- Pack a picnic for the family and relax at one of our numerous picnic areas throughout our site.
Pre-registration available at www.stratfordhall.org/events-programs. Tickets are available at the gate.
For questions, contact Matt Torres, Programs Manager, at [email protected] or (804) 493-1380.
Date & Time
September 22, 2023
10:00AM - 3:00PM
Stratford Hall - 483 Great House Road, Stratford, VA, 22558 483 Great House Road Stratford 22558 VA US https://www.fredericksburgparent.net/businesses/va-stratford-stratford-hall
Adults $15, Children 6 - 18 $9, Children 5 and under FREE
Participating BusinessesStratford Hall