Top 10 Ways to Enjoy Spooky SeasonOct 03, 2023 03:36PM ● By Chris Jones
It's spooky season and it's time for candy, treats and Halloween fun. Here are 10 ways to enjoy the season.
- Go trick-or-treating. This is a classic Halloween activity for kids of all ages. Dress up in your favorite costume and go door-to-door collecting candy from your neighbors.
- Visit a pumpkin patch. Pick out a pumpkin to carve into a jack-o'-lantern, or take a hayride at one of the local farms or enjoy other fall festivals scattered across Fredericksburg..
- Have a Halloween party. Invite your friends over for some spooky fun. Play Halloween games, eat Halloween-themed food and watch scary movies.
- Make Halloween crafts. There are all sorts of fun Halloween crafts that kids can make, such as paper bag pumpkins, ghost garlands and spiderwebs.
- Play Halloween games. There are many different Halloween games that kids can play, such as pin the tail on the black cat, bobbing for apples and mummy wrap.
- Tell scary stories. Gather around a campfire or under the covers at a sleepover and tell each other scary stories.
- Watch Halloween movies. There are many classic Halloween movies that kids can watch, such as "Hocus Pocus," "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" and "Casper."
- Visit a haunted house. If you're looking for a scare, visit a local haunted house. Most haunted houses have a variety of scares for all ages, so you sure to find one that's perfect for your family. If you're feeling adventurous, King's Dominion is chock full of Halloween festivities in the park.
- Go on a haunted hayride. This is a great way to experience the spooky side of Halloween without having to go into a haunted house. Visit Braehead Farm for a day of fun, fall activities and a great hayride.
- Have a Halloween parade. If you live in a neighborhood with a lot of kids, organize a Halloween parade. Everyone can dress up in their costumes and walk around the block.
No matter what you choose to do, Halloween is a great time to have some spooky fun with your kids.