- Category: Top Ten Tuesday
This year marks the FIRST annual WinterFest at Kings Dominion and we are so excited to share all the details with you! It’s even bigger and better than we imagined, guys. From cookie decorating, to an iceskating rink, to a magical North Pole post office, Kings Dominion really thought of every detail.
We are thrilled to share that we are partnering with Kings Dominion for a very special giveaway! Details will be coming very soon on our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), so be sure to follow us. You won’t want to miss it!
Top 10 Family WinterFest Attractions
1. Pictures with Santa- A picture with Santa is a holiday tradition and the man in the red suit will be taking toy requests throughout WinterFest. Santa is surrounded by holiday merriment as families gather around his chair, set next to an oversized fireplace, to ask for that special something and create a family portrait that will last a lifetime. Santa’s room is adorned with oversized Christmas toys, including nutcrackers, toy trains, goofy reindeer and lost elves. The exterior of Santa’s WinterFest home is lined with white lights, a garland-surrounded entry way and wreaths with holiday bows over the windows. Visits from Santa Snoopy December 26 - 31. Your visit with Santa is FREE. Picture is an additional cost
2. Attend the Lighting Ceremony- Join Snoopy and the Kings Dominion Holiday Singers at the kickoff WinterFest Lighting Spectacular on International Street. This crew of 20 singers and dancers will inspire joy and cheer with a performance at 5:30pm to set the night’s holiday festivities in motion. The song and dance spectacular takes place at the base of the Eiffel Tower. When the time comes, the cast will cue a countdown in the crowd. When the countdown comes to zero, Snoopy and his special guests will insert the giant plug into the oversized power outlet to electrify the thousands of bulbs strung on the tree. You don't want to miss seeing Eiffel Tower and International Street become ablaze with hundreds of thousands of shimmering lights. Look on in amazement at the surrounding decorations and be sure to snap a “groupie” with those you love, with the tree in the background to commemorate your holiday adventure at WinterFest.
3. Walk through millions of lights - You don’t have to be at the Lighting Ceremony to enjoy all the magical lights! The will be twinkling away all over the park. It’s truly the most wonderful time of the year!
4. Ice Skating- Yes, Ice Skating! Glide down the ice on the shimmering, magical International Street Fountains, transformed for the holiday season into one of the most picturesque and largest ice skating venues around. In front of the ice rink, picturesque polar bears welcome guests as they enter the park. Non-skating guests can take in the enchanting views of Snow Flake Lake while taking in other sights and sounds that capture the spirit of the season.
All guests under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a supervising companion. A supervising companion is someone that is 14 years of age or older.
Additional fee required for this attraction.
5. North Pole Post Office- The best Christmas activities are the ones done with others, and even letter writing is special at WinterFest. The elves have dressed up a special store to ensure all good girls and boys have the proper means to reach Santa Claus. Pens, crayons and paper are at the ready to make that special holiday request. Once children have written their request, the elves will collect them, send the letters flying overhead via their wacky pulley system, and officially certify the mail, guaranteeing delivery to the North Pole. After the jolly man in the red suit has properly read the wish from every boy and girl (and they are all good in his eyes), he returns them to the North Pole post station to be displayed on the wall for parents and kids to see during their next visit to WinterFest. Please Note: Santa will not be accepting wishes of coal for little brothers and sisters.
6. Catch A Show With The PEANUTS Characters - Join Charlie, the gang, and our cast of 18 singers and dancers for a Christmas Holiday Spectacular! This stunning display of holiday cheer includes high-kicking and a hefty amount of sequins to dazzle the audience. Charlie Brown even takes the stage to impress the audience with his extra special dance moves, but you can be assured the Snoopy and Lucy won’t let him steal the spotlight. All of the PEANUTS gang will be represented in this fast-paced spectacle, brought together with the talented performers who will delight with their harmonious vocals and fancy footwork in this Broadway-caliber show!
7. Visit Charlie Brown’s Tree Lot- Come help Charlie and Linus pick out a Christmas tree and search for one that “just needs a little love”! Everyone knows the story, but now kids can experience the real thing. Walk through a maze of pines, spruces, and firs to find special holiday surprises. Once at the end, kids and adults alike will find the perfect tree for good ol’ Charlie Brown, the tree that no one else wants. With hardly any branches and only a single bauble, the tree may not be what everyone dreams of as the ideal decoration, but Charlie Brown sees a tree that needs a home. With the help of friends and a Christmas spirit, any tree can embody holiday cheer and goodwill. Pose for a photo with Charlie and Linus at this special tree, or choose to break out into song amidst the evergreens and reenact a scene from “A Charlie Brown Christmas”.
8. Christmas Crafts with Sally Brown - Sally Brown has set up her own special section in the park for all of her friends to enjoy her holiday activities. She welcomes all children aged 12 and under to create their own special memories to take home as a souvenir from WinterFest. Little ones receive their own bag of craft supplies upon entering Sally’s holiday hangout. With said supplies, children are then invited to unleash their creativity and decorate a special holiday ornament to commemorate the holiday season. Once their ornament has been completed to perfection it is ready to come home, or, children can choose to leave it behind to decorate Sally’s WinterFest Christmas tree for other children to admire and be inspired by. In addition to ornament making, materials for card creation are available for kids to craft holiday greetings to send across the globe to beloved family and friends. Be sure to get one final souvenir before leaving the craft space – a picture with Sally!
9. Decorate Cookies With Mrs. Claus- Making cookies for Santa is one of the most traditional Christmas pastimes of all. The only person who makes cookies better than mom is Mrs. Claus, and she invites you to stop by and decorate four of your very own delicious cookie creations.
Just for WinterFest, Mrs. Claus has replicated her North Pole kitchen in the heart of Kings Dominion. From the warm stove hearth to the sprigs of evergreens offset with bright bows, her inviting kitchen is home to her top-secret cookie recipes. Kids of all ages are welcome to decorate these sweet treats however they want, so long as they do it with love, just how the Mrs. made the cookies themselves. Everyone can meet and take pictures with the world’s most famous cookie-maker, and while you’re there, see if she’ll put in a good word for you with the big man himself! Additional fee required.
10. Capture Memories With Your Family In The WinterFest Snowglobe - The WinterFest Snow Globe is the perfect place for that holiday photo. Climb inside this larger than life snow globe and strike a pose!