- Category: Top Ten Tuesday
We love to eat just about as much as we love the holidays. Believe it or not, some of our favorite goodies can be found at WinterFest at Kings Dominion ... you just need to know where to look. We’re here to give you the scoop on where to find a tasty candy cane churro sundae, or the best hot cocoa to sip under the lights. Be sure to pin this post, guys. You’ll want to reference it before you go!
Top Ten Treats To Try At WinterFest
1) Cookies with Mrs. Claus - This sweet little kitchen is located near the entrance of the park. Decorate your own cookie with Mrs. Claus and then enjoy ice skating right outside the door! The kitchen is whimsically decorated. You will love all the detail!
2) Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate - Find your new favorite drink at the one-stop shops located throughout WinterFest. You can get salted caramel as well as regular hot chocolate, coffee, and assorted liqueurs. No creamy beverage should be alone, so grab some holiday cookies to make the perfect pairing!
3) Ginger Bread Funnel Cake and 4) Banana Foster Funnel Cake - Funnel cakes are a Kings Dominion tradition, and Prancer has taken over the kitchen for the holidays. Try the signature Ginger Bread funnel cake or another fried favorite, Mint Oreos. Sip some hot chocolate or coffee while enjoying these delightful treats.
5) Traditional Holiday Feast- Enjoy a holiday meal at the Classic Christmas Café. The whole family will feel the spirit of the season at this favorite restaurant, which serves up traditional holiday favorites like hand carved turkey dinners, smoke country ham plus all of the traditional fixins.
6) Ham or Turkey and Traditional Holiday Sides - If you want to partake in just your favorite holiday foods without stopping to eat, there are a few places (like Gobblers to Go or Vixen’s Fixens), where you can grab a turkey leg, roasted corn, or mac and cheese and walk around the park.
7) Turkey Leg- You can snag this fan favorite at various places around the park, or at sit down restaurants. There’s nothing like a turkey leg to make you feel merry and fuel you up for more sweets!
8) Fried Mint Oreos- You can find these minty cookies at Sugar’s Cake Factory along with banana foster funnel cakes, and hot chocolate. We think you should just order all three treats. Saves you the trouble of trying to choose one.
9) Christmas Tree Shaped Pizza- Because sometimes kids will only eat pizza. You might as well make it festive!
10) Candy Cane Churro Sundae - If you’re sure you’re on the nice list this year, go ahead and treat yourself to a decadent candy cane churro. Go ahead and celebrate the season with an extra-tasty churro sundae—complete with a tower of ice cream on top! We insist.