We're just a little over a week away from schools letting out for summer! We have to admit though, we're pretty much already in summer-mode...grilling, popsicles, blockbuster movies, vacations, and POOL TIME! We know a bunch of you guys headed out to area pools and waterparks over Memorial Day weekend. A few pools even had to turn people away at the door! If you're new to the area, or just looking to branch out and try a new place you'll definitely want to bookmark/pin this list!
Top Ten Pools And Waterparks.
1) Rappahannock YMCA pools- Each YMCA branch offers a pool for open swim, water therapy, swim lessons, swim teams, and American Red Cross certifications! Visit them online for branch pool descriptions.
2) Massad YMCA Waterpark- Boasting a super fun splash pad, zero-depth entry kiddie pool, puddle jumpers, and water slides of all sizes, the Massad YMCA has really put a lot of thought into meeting the needs of families at all stages in life. Season and day passes are available
3) Dixon Park Pool- Located in Fredericksburg City, Dixon Park Pool has waterslides, a zero-depth entry wading pool, and is FREE for city residents. Dixon Park Pool also hosts several family friendly events during the summer.
4) Curtis Park Pool- Love to swim? Curtis Park Pool has an Olympic size swimming pool with diving area, a zero-depth entry wading pool with water umbrella, swim lessons, and a concession stand.
5) Loriella Park Pool- Loriella Park Pool is the classic community pool we all grew up with, including swim lanes and a separate baby pool. Loriella Park Pool is available for birthday parties. Note: They are a cash only pool. Please check their website for daily fees.
6) Grafton Pool- This South Stafford pool is conveniently located near downtown Fredericksburg! It has a separately enclosed "baby" pool, deck space around main pool with lounge chairs, a snack bar, and swim team. Sign-ups and practice for swim team usually begin in June. Grafton Pool is also available for birthday parties.
7) Woodlands Pool & Splashpad- Looking for a splashpad for the kids? Check out Woodlands Pool & Splashpad off of Garrisonville Road! Woodlands Pool & Splashpad is also available for birthday parties.
If you don't mind a drive...
8) Pirate's Cove- Lorton, Va- Pirate's Cove has a large pirate themed structure with a 300- gallon dumping bucket, spraying palm trees, large pool, spacious tot pool with clam shell slide, and Buccaneer Beach- a large sand play area. Have a Jake and The Neverland Pirates fan? You must add this to your summer bucket list.
9) Soak City Water Park at Kings Dominion, Doswell, Va- Soak City Water Park is a whopping TWENTY ACRES and has water activities for all ages, including exciting water slides, a wave pool, chutes, and Splash Island. Splash Island is a splash pad with slides designed for young children.
10) Atlantis Water Park- Centreville, Va- Atlantis has it all: Large pools, a 1,000 gallon dumping bucket, waterslides, water squirters, great food, souvenirs, and kids activities! You have to click on the link and check out how awesome it looks!